Intensive neurorehabilitation of children
Big dedication for little patients
The intensive rehabilitation treatment for children in the ADELI Medical Center:
- lasts either two, three or four weeks, based on the diagnosis, condition and degree of disability of each patient
- takes place six days a week, and four to five hours per day
- is carried out by a team of physiotherapists, manual doctors, nurses and other specalists, led by the attending physician, who observe the patient, correct deformities and ensure the high quality of the treatment
- is individualised in order to support the development of the child with the objective to enable a normal and independent life as far as possible
Neuropaediatric deficits that are treated at the ADELI Medical Center
Cerebral palsy (CP) is an umbrella term encompassing a group of non-progressive, non-contagious conditions that cause physical disability in human development.
Spina bifida is a fault in the development of the spine and spinal cord which leaves a gap in the spine. The spinal cord connects all parts of the body to the brain.
Congenital and acquired neurological disorders
A congenital disorder, or congenital disease, is a condition existing at birth and often before birth, or that develops during the first month of life, regardless of causation.
Traumatic brain injury
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when an outside force traumatically injures the brain. TBI can be classified based on severity, mechanism or other features.
Conditions after a juvenile stroke
A stroke is the rapidly developing loss of brain functions due to a disturbance in the blood supply to the brain.
Conditions after oxygen deficiency
Human beings normally breathe air that is 20.9 percent oxygen by volume under normal atmospheric pressure conditions.
Conditions after meningitis and encephalitis
Encephalitis is brain inflammation. There are many types of encephalitis, most of which are caused by infections.
The treatment programme is structured according to the diagnosis, anamnesis, current condition of the patient and his/her prognosis for progress. The treatment includes fixed, variable and additional therapy components that are structured according to the case history and the subsequent recommendations of the doctor in-charge.
- Physiotherapy on neurophysiological basis
- Occupational therapy
- Full body therapeutic massage
- Application of heat / cold (cryocontrast therapy)
- Fango / parafango or sulphur mud treatment
- Manual therapy
- Reflex therapy
- Magnetic stimulation
- Electro-stimulation (BIOPTRON light therapy system)
- Normobaric oxygen therapy
- Magnetic laser therapy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Speech therapy
- EEG-based biofeedback therapy
- Electromechanical hippotherapy
- Vibration therapy (Galileo 2000)
- MFE – Multi-functional exercise unit
ADELI Medical Center
Hlboka 45, 92101 Piestany
Tel.: +421 33 79 15 900
Fax: +421 33 77 18 108